Hunter Douglas Warranty Information
Hunter Douglas offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty for window treatments to make sure you have a totally satisfied experience when choosing, purchasing, and living with your window fashion products.
If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or contact us with an email. You can find the complete details of Hunter Douglas Warranty here.
A LIFETIME GUARANTEE
The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Guarantee is an expression of our desire to provide a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with your window fashion products. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or contact us with an email. In support of this policy of consumer satisfaction, we offer our Lifetime Limited Warranty as described below. You can register your warranty here
COVERED BY A LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
- Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
- All internal mechanisms.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
NOT COVERED BY A LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY
- Contact your original dealer (place of purchase) for warranty assistance.
- If you are not the original owner, we may be able to provide you with repair parts and instructions free of charge. Visit our Parts Request form and submit your request to us or contact your local dealer for assistance. There will be costs associated with the repair. Visit our Dealer Locator to find an authorized dealer near you.
- Contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 (9:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST) for technical support, certain parts free of charge, for assistance in obtaining warranty service or for further explanation of our warranty.
To complete your warranty registration online, visit our Warranty Registration page. If you received a warranty registration card with your shipment, you can also either text the image with the camera icon to 71403. Alternatively, go to our US site or Canadian site and enter the code shown under the camera icon. If you have any issues entering your code, you can select “Use your model number or product name” at the bottom of the screen to manually enter your information.
Note: In no event shall Hunter Douglas or its licensed fabricators/distributors be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other indirect damage, loss, cost or expense. The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Limited Warranty is applicable for U.S. customers only. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Different warranty periods and terms apply for commercial products and applications.
Humphrys Awnings Warranty Information
When you choose to purchase awnings manufactured by Humphrys, you are protected by an excellent warranty.
If you want to learn more about the warranty, please visit this page for the complete details of the Humphrys Awnings Warranty Information.
LIMITED / LIFETIME WARRANTY
When you choose to purchase awnings manufactured by Humphrys, you are protected by a great warranty.
RETRACTABLE AWNING WARRANTY
Lifetime warranty on the following aluminum parts:
- Front bar extrusion, mounting bar, hood cover, physical shape, and structural integrity.
Lifetime warranty on the following Stainless steel components and galvanized steel components:
- Stainless steel roof mount brackets and galvanized hot dipped roller tube.
12 year warranty pro-rated on the acrylic fabric on your awning:
- The first 8 years – 100% warranty, then reduced 30% every year until 12 years. The fabric is warranted for manufacturing defects that result in loss of color or strength during normal use and atmospheric exposure conditions.
12 year warranty on the following aluminum parts:
- Shoulders, mounting brackets, lateral arms, and roof mount brackets.
10 year warranty on the following steel parts:
- Steel mounting bar (PLEASE NOTE): the warranty on steel mounting bars is 5 years if installed within 5 miles of a saltwater environment.)
Lifetime warranty on the IncrediSeal™ seams on your awning:
- Our IncrediSeal welded seaming will not separate or rip for the life of the awning. In those areas where thread is used – we only use Gortex thread, which is also warranted to never rot or break for the duration of the awning itself.
5 year warranty on the motor and electric components:
For motorized retractable units.
5 year warranty on all paint finishes due to cracking or peeling.
3 year warranty on paint chalking on aluminum parts:
Maximum rating of 6 per ASTM D4214-07
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
- Shipping charges, labor costs of the dealer on warranted parts, or damaged parts resulting from:
- Improper installation by anyone, including your dealer
- Weather factors, including wind, rain, hail, salt spray exposure, acts of nature, fire, fireworks, lightning
- Unauthorized repairs, modifications, or additions
- Any materials not manufactured by Humphrys
- Scratches, dents, unusual corrosion, oxidation, rust, chipping, peeling, or chalking of paint (not otherwise covered)
- Any wear or discoloration or damage to the roller tube center supports on the Preferred XL and Select models only
- Damage due to failure to perform normal maintenance by removing debris, dirt, or mildew growth
- Any oral or other warranty, other than from Humphrys
- This warranty is not transferable
OTHER WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
- Humphrys is not liable for damages to any structure to which our awnings are attached, or to any property near, below, or above the awning itself.
- The purchaser will defend, indemnify, and hold Humphrys harmless against all suits, losses, and other liabilities by 3rd parties against the purchaser. Should any dispute arise it shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of PA, and any legal action shall be initiated in the City of Philadelphia.
- See our website or contact your dealer for Awning Care and Maintenance Procedures.
WARRANTY FOR ALL OTHER PRODUCTS
- Humphrys warrants against defects in all materials and workmanship in all awnings and canopies for a period of one year from date of delivery by Humphrys.
- Humphrys warrants all Retractable Awning Systems and all Humphrys and Somfy brand motors according to the individual warranty terms for each model.
- Humphrys will extend all manufacturer warranties for component materials used, subject to the conditions of each material only, not including assembly labor.
- Humphrys warrants all seams in all awnings and canopies manufactured by Humphrys for the life of the fabric being joined. In the event any seam fails before the fabric itself fails, except due to abuse, destructive exposure, or neglect, Humphrys will repair the defect without charge.
- Humphrys warrants graphics produced using the Sunbrella Graphics System and installed in a vertical, rigid condition for a period of three years for all installations in the Eastern U.S. All other conditions and application systems are warranted for one year.
Blind Quest Terms & Conditions Policy
Here at Blind Quest we sell Hunter Douglas window treatments and Humphry’s Awnings. Both of these products are custom made at the time of purchase and made specifically to fit your specific application. For this reason products are non refundable after your order is placed. It is important to review all information and product choice before placing your order. Our ultimate goal is for our customers to love their products and to be completely satisfied. If you are not completely satisfied with your end product and application please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Payment is due at the time of the final installation for repairs and new installs.
We will not charge a service charge for any repairs within a year of the order being placed.